The army paints up fast. Very fast. I'm just having a hard time finding the time to sit down and finish assembly. Assuming I can be fully finished this week, and I should be able to as all I have left to assemble are Chariots, then I don't expect any issues with getting the army done in time for The Colonial.
All the same, I'm having doubts about whether or not I want to bring Tomb Kings. Here's a list of pros and cons for taking them:
- I love the army theme. Egypt is rad. I really wish Wargods of AEgyptus was more popular.
- I think the army is better than people expect and any wins I get will be celebrated.
- There won't be too many other people playing Tomb Kings.
- If I decide to take it to Colonial it will push me to finish the army and that's a Good Thing (TM).
- They're not Ogres.
- I'm not 100% sure I want to work on these as much as they would take to finish.
- I will only get 15 or so games in with them max before Colonial.
- They probably aren't as good as I think they are.
- They're not Ogres.
The other choice I have are Ogres.
Now, I love my Ogres. This is literally the third Ogre army I've ever done. I liked it when they weren't popular and were just terrible. I felt like an underdog. Ogres are really solid now and are going to be very popular at the Colonial.
The list I would want to take is almost done and would only take another afternoon of painting to finish. I think it would be a really hard hitting list that could do well.
Here are some pros and cons:
- HOLY CRAP THEY ARE OGRES GREAT MAW GREAT MAW GREAT MAW
- They're almost all painted and painted well! Lots of conversions!
- They'll do well. I think I've finally figured out how to play this army and it's a strong army.
- Ogres are finally good!
- Everyone plays Ogres. I don't play Space Marines in 40k because everyone plays them.
- I seriously don't want game 5 to be with a guy who looks at me sad because I'm his 4th Ogre opponent.
- The army list I would take is pretty cheesy!
I'm really unsure what to do. I think I'm going to keep moving forward with my Tomb Kings and see how things look by next Monday. If things look good I'll likely take Tomb Kings. If it looks bad I'll probably just finish up the rest of what I want to do for my Ogres.
Also, all images seen above are from Mythic. They have some really great artwork for Warhammer.